Float past beautiful limestone bluffs as you and your child take a two day canoe trip down the scenic Upper Iowa River. We will depart Jester Park and head for Chimney Rock Campground, set up camp, and eat lunch before getting on the river. We will float about 3-4 hours, land at our campsite, have dinner, and share our adventures around the campfire with some tasty S ‘mores. The next day, we will break camp, eat breakfast, and float from our campsite about two hours down to Bluffton. Experienced and trained naturalists will insure a safe and enjoyable tip. Canoes, paddles, life jackets and most meals provided.
- Fee: $75; includes transportation (15 passenger van), camping fees, paddling gear, and all food except for meals while traveling.
- Depart from Jester Park at 7:00 a.m. on Saturday and return late afternoon on Sunday.
- Participants need to provide tent, sleeping bag, personal items, and cash for meals while traveling.
- Minimum age is 12 and limited to 12 participants. Prior paddling experience is required and participants must be in good physical condition.
- Registration deadline is July 19.
This trip is canceled due to low registration.