Print this page
Protecting the whole community by coordinating, supporting and integrating activities to mitigate, prepare for, respond to and recover from all hazards.
Our Principles: We strive to be....
1. Comprehensive – we consider and take into account all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders, and all impacts relevant to disasters
2. Progressive – we anticipate future disasters and take preventative and preparatory measure to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities
3. Risk-Driven – we use sound risk management principles (hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources
4. Integrated – we ensure unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community
5. Collaborative – we create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication
6. Coordinated – we synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose
7. Flexible – we use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges
8. Professional – we value a science and knowledge-based approach founded on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement