Print this page
Emergency Management protects communities by coordinating an integrating all activities necessary to build, sustain, and improve the capability to mitigate against, prepare for, respond to, and recover from threatened or actual natural disasters, acts of terrorism, or other man-made disasters.
Our Principles: We strive to be....
1. Comprehensive – we consider and take into account all hazards, all phases, all stakeholders, and all impacts relevant to disasters
2. Progressive – we anticipate future disasters and take preventative and preparatory measure to build disaster-resistant and disaster-resilient communities
3. Risk-Driven – we use sound risk management principles (hazard identification, risk analysis, and impact analysis) in assigning priorities and resources
4. Integrated – we ensure unity of effort among all levels of government and all elements of a community
5. Collaborative – we create and sustain broad and sincere relationships among individuals and organizations to encourage trust, advocate a team atmosphere, build consensus, and facilitate communication
6. Coordinated – we synchronize the activities of all relevant stakeholders to achieve a common purpose
7. Flexible – we use creative and innovative approaches in solving disaster challenges
8. Professional – we value a science and knowledge-based approach founded on education, training, experience, ethical practice, public stewardship and continuous improvement