Print this page
Make sure your house is as safe as possible by following these few simple guidelines.
- Install smoke detectors on each level of your home and change batteries every 6 months.
- Clear hallways and exits for easy evacuation.
- Keep A-B-C type fire extinguishers. Make sure you know how and when to use them.
- Store flammable or highly reactive chemicals securely and separately from each other.
- Know how and when to switch off your utilities.
- Keep utility company emergency phone numbers in one place near the telephone.
- Install carbon monoxide detectors on each level of your home and change batteries every 6 months. The carbon monoxide detector should be placed so it will be easily heard in all sleeping areas and should be installed according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Have a set place for storing your Emergency Supply Kit and a Go Bag.