Print this page
CodeRED Automated Notification System
The CodeRED system may be used for significant incidents and events where the timely notification of an effected population or geographic area of the City/County is essential or highly desirable. It is capable of making 1200 phone calls a minute. Calls can be made in a radius around a given location, by streets, custom drawn areas or by contact groups.
Some examples of the types of incidents or events where the CodeRED system may be effective in notifying our citizens include the following:
- Environmental (Natural Disasters): Fires, Floods, Dangerous Water conditions, Water Safety Alerts, Dam/Levee Breaks
- Search and Rescue: Missing Children, Missing Elderly, Missing Disabled, Evacuation Notices, Evacuation Routes
- Crime: Prisoner Escape Warning, Neighborhood Crime Watch, Sexual Predator Alerts
- Man-Made Disasters: Terrorism Threats, Bomb Threats, Nuclear Hazards, Bio Terrorism Threats, Chemical Spills, Hazardous Material Emergencies, Gas Leaks, Hostage Situations
- Public Works: Drinking Water Contamination, Utility Outages, Street Closings, Public Notifications
Sign up today!