Who We Are, Our Mission, What Is Public Health?
WHAT IS PUBLIC HEALTH
To create the conditions for all people to live healthy lives by engaging residents, reducing health disparities and attending to the needs of our most vulnerable families.
To be a leader in encouraging everyone to take responsibility for improving their own health and building the kind of society that supports and enables all of us to live healthy lives.
- Prevent Disease Outbreaks and Epidemics
- Promote and Encourage Healthy Behaviors
- Prepare for, and Respond to Disasters
- Assure the quality and accessibility of health services
- Protect against environmental hazards
- Strengthen the Public Health System