2014 Community Cooling Centers in Polk County
- List of Community Cooling Centers
- Cooling Centers and Bus Routes Interactive Map
- Community cooling centers are represented in the map by a red circle
- Click in the red circle to obtain information about the cooling center and suggested bus route(s). For information about bus routes and schedules, please visit the DART website.
- To obtain directions from your location to a community cooling center, click in the tool marked by the arrow symbol located on the right corner and enter both your address and the location address.
Call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Lack of sweating
- Flushed skin
- Racing heart
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Skin that feels cool and moist
- Body temperature over 104F
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle cramps
- Call neighbors, friends and family members who do not have air conditioning to make sure they are OK at least twice each day.
- Call 211 if you have questions about cooling your home, reduced cost air conditioners, energy assistance, or finding a cooler location.