Attorney’s Office

  • I own a business and have received a bad check. What can I do?

    Contact the County Attorney Bad Check Restitution Program Merchant Hot Line at 1-877 279-0998. If the bad check is in excess of $1,000 call your local police department.

    Click here for the Bad Check Restitution Program information.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428