Attorney’s Office

Frequently Asked Questions (Forfeitures)

  • My money, gun, car, etc. was seized. How do I get it back?

    Go to the Clerk of Court’s office, located in Room 201 of the Polk County Courthouse, and file a Notice of Return for Seized or Forfeited Property.

Contact Us

Polk County Attorney's Office
Polk County Justice Center
222 Fifth Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309

Phone: (515) 286-3737
Fax: (515) 286-3428