Attorney’s Office

  • How do I file a complaint against a police officer?

    If the complaint is regarding a City of Des Moines police officer, contact the Des Moines Police Department's Inspectional Services Bureau, Office of Internal Affairs at (515) 283-4816. For any other police officer, contact the local police department.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428