Attorney’s Office

  • I want to file a lawsuit. What should I do?

    The county attorney is unable to represent individuals in civil lawsuits. You should contact a private attorney to assist you in this matter. Many private attorneys are listed on the Iowa State Bar Association Find-A-Lawyer website. You may also find representation through Iowa Legal Aid, the Drake Legal Clinic, or the Polk County Bar Association Volunteer Lawyer's Project.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428