Attorney’s Office

  • What type of surgeries do I need to get court orders for?

    Any elective surgery or non-emergency major medical procedures. Most surgeries performed under general anesthesia require court orders. A guardian is not required to obtain a court order for dental treatment or routine physical examinations when general anesthesia is used.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428