Attorney’s Office

  • Can I be excused from jury service?

    The judge may excuse anyone with a mental or physical disability if they provide a written excuse from a physician or health care provider stating they are unable to serve as a juror, stay-at-home breast-feeding mothers, a care giver to an invalid, and a person in the military.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428