Attorney’s Office

  • How can I collect back/current owed child support?

    If you are on public assistance or FIP (Family Investment Program), the DHS Child Support Recovery Office will do this for you. You must provide your Income Worker or FADS Worker with the name of the child's other parent.

    If you are not on public assistance, you must contact a private attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, contact Polk County Legal Aid at (515) 243-1193 or the ISBA Volunteer Lawyer Project at (515) 243-3179.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428