Attorney’s Office

  • My child was taken away from me by the State/DHS/Police. How do I get my child back?

    There are several things you will have to do before your child is returned to your home. Call your DHS (Department of Human Services) worker to talk about what you can do.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428