Attorney’s Office

  • Am I entitled to receive restitution from the person who committed the crime against me?

    Yes. The Polk County Attorney's office sends a victim packet to all victims to be returned with the amount of losses due to injury to property damage where a suspect has been identified and charged with the crime. If the defendant is found guilty or pleads guilty to the offense, the Court will order the defendant to pay restitution to the victim. Once restitution is ordered, the Department of Corrections collects restitution from inmates to be paid to their victims.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428