Attorney’s Office

  • I have a Restraining Order against me. Can I go to our child's school program if the other person may be there?

    Your Order prevents you from being in the presence of the protected party. This includes school programs, sporting events, and practices involving your children. If there are going to be times in which you will need to attend events involving your children, it is best to get the Order modified to allow you to do so. You will want to contact your attorney so that he or she can make the request.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428