Attorney’s Office

  • The offender violated the No Contact Order. Who do I notify?

    You will want to report this to the police department in the city in which the violation occurred. They will investigate the incident and determine whether a charge should be filed. If they do not file a charge, they may submit it to the Polk County Attorney’s Office for review. We will then determine if there is enough evidence to file the charge.

    If you have a No Contact Order in which a criminal charge (domestic abuse assault, harassment, assault, stalking, sexual abuse, etc.) is pending, you will also want to contact the attorney in the Polk County Attorney’s Office who is handling your case. If you do not know who the attorney assigned to handle your case is, you can call the Polk County Attorney’s Office at (515) 286-3737 to find out.

  • Contact Us

    Polk County Attorney's Office
    Polk County Justice Center
    222 Fifth Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50309

    Phone: (515) 286-3737
    Fax: (515) 286-3428