Precinct Election Officials
Every election day, hundreds of Precinct Election Officials are needed to staff polling places located throughout Polk County. As a PEO, you will be a key factor in how our citizens regard elections and it will be your job to ensure anyone who is eligible and wants to vote is given the opportunity.
The Polk County Election Office is hiring Precinct Election Workers for upcoming elections. $10/hr for election workers or $14/hr for precinct captains
If you are interested apply here
Requirements if you are still in High School
Youth at the Booth
Inside the Polls newsletter
- Voting Guidelines - Procedural (Poster and Table) copy for each precinct worker. one copy facing the voter. Step by step guide to process a voter at the polling site.
- Valid Voter ID Requirements (Poster) Informational / educational
- Valid Proof of Residency (Poster) Informational / educational
- Voter requests to use the ADA machine - Procedural (precinct captain)
- Script at the polls - Procedural (all poll workers)
- Provisional Script at the polls - Procedural (Captains)
- Voter What to Expect at the Polls - Informational / educational (on table facing the voter)
- Provisional Playbook- Procedural (precinct captain) use if a voter is not in the black registration book, after verifying the voter is in the correct precinct (address library).
Voters who vote at the polls can avoid provisional ballots by registering to vote or if they have moved by changing their voter registration address before 5PM October 27, 2018. A voter who wishes to vote at the polls, must vote provisional if they have an outstanding absentee ballot.
2018 General Election on-line quiz
General Election PEO Training Dates
Precinct Captains / Poll Workers: