The Department of Community, Family & Youth Services manages and provides a variety of direct and purchased services for families and individuals in all age groups.
For a complete list of Community, Family & Youth Services programs please visit our services page.
Direct and Purchased Services Include:
- Activity centers and congregate dining for all senior citizens
- Transportation assistance
- Home delivered meals and home care aide for eligible citizens over 60 or persons with disabilities
- General assistance and supplemental foods to assist eligible county residents in meeting basic and special needs
- Property tax suspension for qualified senior citizens and persons with disabilities
- Assistance for victims of violent crime and domestic abuse
- Special services for at-risk and frail elderly
- Case management, education, employment and family support services for qualified public assistance recipients
- Crisis intervention, counseling & support for crime victims
- Volunteer opportunities
Eligibility criteria differ for each program.
Call the specific division for more information. Contact information for our divisions is available on our contacts page.