Polk County Community, Family & Youth Services

Can I admit my child to Detention?

  • Can I admit my child to Detention?

    No. If your child has broken the law then you should call 911 for assistance. This does not mean that your child will be detained. The Central Intake Officer on duty will review all pertinent information and make a determination in the best interests of the youth and their family.

  • Contact Us

    Community & Family Division
    Polk County River Place
    2309 Euclid Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50310

    Youth Services Division
    Juvenile Detention 515-286-3344
    Centralized Intake 515-286-3350
    1548 Hull Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50316