Polk County Community, Family & Youth Services

How can I find out how my child is doing?

  • How can I find out how my child is doing?

    You can call the wing where the youth is assigned and ask to speak with a staff person. Staff may ask for some identifying information to make sure you are a parent/guardian.

    Call (515)286-3344 and push the number that coincides with the wing the youth is currently on. Wing 400 - 4, Wing 500- 5, Wing 600- 6.

  • Contact Us

    Community & Family Division
    Polk County River Place
    2309 Euclid Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50310

    Youth Services Division
    Juvenile Detention 515-286-3344
    Centralized Intake 515-286-3350
    1548 Hull Avenue
    Des Moines, IA 50316