Youth Services - Norwoodville Summer Day Camp
This summer-only day camp program is housed at the Norwoodville Community Center located at 3077 NE 46th Avenue in Des Moines and provides supervised recreational and educational activities for youth ages 5through 13 (or completion of Kindergarten and going into 8th grade). Five year olds must have completed kindergarten. Youth that have completed 8th grade are not eligible.
Fees are assessed on a sliding scale according to a family’s gross household income. All fees charged cover morning and afternoon activities.
Day camp is different from day care. Day camp is for those children who enjoy the outdoors, like to stay busy playing organized games, doing crafts and who are able to function independently yet are able to follow instructions from day camp staff.
Any child between the age of 5-13 (or completion of kingergarten and going into 8th grade). Five year olds must have completed kindergarten. Youth who have completed 8th grade are not eligible. If needed, ten (10) spots will be reserved for youth ages 11-13.
Fees are assessed on a sliding scale basis. Proof of houshold income is required (see Items Needed for Registration below).
Items Needed for Registration
- Physician's name and telephone number
- Emergency contact information
- Medication information (dosage and prescription information)
- First week's payment CHECK ONLY- NO CASH ACCEPTED
- Proof of household income (W-2 Forms, or at least 3 current pay stubs and your social security number). If proof of income is not provided, the full cost will be assessed until proof of income is provided.
Contact the Norwoodville Site Supervisor, Dan Sauser, by calling 515-266-5794 or e-mailing.