This program has been canceled due to low registration.
Partake in a day of adventure and mindfulness with Dr. Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, Integrative Medical physician and Joe Hackenmiller, certified mountain bike instructor through the Professional Mountain Bike Instructor Association. Begin the day learning basic bike maintenance, cold weather biking preparedness and going on a trail ride. Conclude the workshop with Shinrin-yoku, Japanese Forest bathing, an ancient mindfulness practice immersed in nature.
Preregistration required; Deadline is November 13. Minimum age 14. Fee: $25.
Items to Bring: Bring a mountain bike or bike with wider wheels for dirt trail. Helmet required! Bring a sack lunch and water. Wear clothing appropriate for biking in the day’s forecasted weather is essential for this one to two-hour experience.
The workshop itinerary includes:
- Basic bike maintenance clinic,
- Group bike ride
- Pre-ride cold weather recommendations for bike and rider
- Casual integrative medicine workshop and Q & A sessions on evidence-based complementary and alternative topics
- Health benefits of time spent in nature Nutrition Exercise Stress management and mind-body techniques
- Shinrin-yoku, or Japanese forest bathing This (fully clothed!) mindfulness practice involves a short-distance outdoor walk where participants will become immersed in nature by exploring the senses.