Beginning in July of 2013, the Easter Lake Watershed Project started taking on improvement projects to restore Easter Lake and improve water quality to make this area a sustainable resource that provides diverse outdoor recreational activities for all visitors. Public education, community involvement, and dedicated teams of volunteers have been the driving force behind improving watershed management techniques and developing a healthy ecosystem for all to enjoy.
Celebrate the long-awaited grand re-opening of the Easter Lake Park! Activities will take place on the lake's north side near the beach, located off of Watrous and Evergreen Avenue in Des Moines.
- Grand Opening Celebration at 1:30pm
- Bike Ride with Mark C. Ackelson at 2pm
- Pontoon Boat Rides
- Seed Ball Making
- Pond Studies
- Insect & Scavenger Hunts
- Hands-On T-shirt Screen Printing ($15 for adult shirts, $10 for youth shirts)
- Fishing Pole Casting
- Water Quality Testing
- Native Plant Giveaway
- Free Water Bottles Courtesy of Unity Point Health-Des Moines (while supplies last)
- Free Ice Cream Sandwiches Courtesy of Hy-Vee Euclid (while supplies last)