COVID-19 Operations Update
UPDATED: MAY 27, 2020
- Polk County Conservation Parks & Trails
- Easter Lake Beach Boat Rentals and Concessions; the Easter Lake Beach will open on Friday, May 29. More information can be found here https://easterlakeboatrental.com/.
- Youth Conservation Corps will continue under restrictive guidelines for social distancing and sanitation.
- Campgrounds- Strict cleaning protocols are in place. All activities facilitating camping, such as firewood sales, registration, campground host interaction, etc., will be 'no contact' and strictly enforced.
- Cabin Rentals open on May 29
- Playgrounds open on May 29
- Park Shelters (reserved and first-come/first-served)
- Jester Park Golf Course
- Limited indoor use; no loitering in the clubhouse
- Jester Park Equestrian Center -
- Wagon rides and small group lessons are operating. Camps and other programming/services are cancelled through June 30. Trail rides begin on July 3rd.
- Jester Park Lodge - closed thru June 24
- Chichaqua Canoe Rentals- closed until week of June 8
- Jester Park Nature Center - closed thru June 30
- Jester Park Outdoor Recreation & Wellness Center - closed thru June 30
- All Polk County Conservation Offices & Shops (closed thru June 30)- full-time staff are working in-office, remotely or in the field.
Most indoor and outdoor programs are cancelled through June 30. This includes summer camps. All pre-registration fee based programs will be refunded. Some programs are still being held in a modified manner. Go to our Calendar tab on our website for the latest information.
Follow us on our social media outlets for program opportunities, outdoor and indoor activities, and online environmental education.
Please continue to check back for updated postings and announcements.