COVID-19 Operations Update
UPDATED: JULY 27, 2020
Our top priority has been and will continue to be the health and well-being of our visitors, program attendees, volunteers, and staff.In response to the ongoing development of COVID-19, the Jester Park Nature Center will remain closed until COVID-19 numbers, trends, and/or controls swing in a more positive direction, per recommendation of Polk County Health Department and Board of Supervisors. While our doors are closed, our parks and trails will continue to stay open.
- Polk County Conservation Parks & Trails
- Easter Lake Beach Boat Rentals and Concessions and the Easter Lake Beach. More information can be found here https://easterlakeboatrental.com/.
- Youth Conservation Corps will continue under restrictive guidelines for social distancing and sanitation.
- Campgrounds, Showerhouse, & Bathrooms- Strict cleaning protocols are in place. All activities facilitating camping, such as firewood sales, registration, campground host interaction, etc., will be 'no contact' and strictly enforced.
- Cabin Rentals
- Park Shelters (reserved and first-come/first-served)
- Chichaqua Canoe Rentals
- Chichaqua Longhouse
- Jester Park Lodge
- Jester Park Outdoor Recreation & Wellness Center - View hours here
- Jester Park Golf Course
- Limited indoor use; no loitering in the clubhouse
- Jester Park Equestrian Center -
- Trail rides, wagon rides, small group lessons and camps are being offered in a safe, modified manner.
- Jester Park Nature Center - closed until further notice
Most indoor programs are cancelled through the summer. Many outdoor programs (including camps) are being offered in a safe, modified manner. Go to our Calendar tab on our website for the latest information.
Follow us on our social media outlets for program opportunities, outdoor and indoor activities, and online environmental education.
Please continue to check back for updated postings and announcements.