COVID-19 Operations Update
UPDATED: November 17, 2020
Our top priority has been and will continue to be the health and well-being of our visitors, program attendees, volunteers, and staff.
In response to the ongoing development of COVID-19, the Jester Park Nature Center will remain closed until COVID-19 numbers, trends, and/or controls swing in a more positive direction, per recommendation of Polk County Health Department and Board of Supervisors. While our doors are closed, our parks and trails will continue to stay open.
- Polk County Conservation Parks & Trails
- Campgrounds (showerhouses & flush restrooms are closed for the season)
- Cabin Rentals
- Park Shelters (first-come/first-served only in the offseason) - Any outdoor rentals may not exceed a group of 30 per Governor’s proclamation
- Chichaqua Longhouse- Any indoor rental may not exceed a group of 15 per Governor’s proclamation
- Jester Park Lodge- Any indoor rental may not exceed a group of 15 per Governor’s proclamation
- Jester Park Outdoor Recreation & Wellness Center - Rental equipment only (when adequate snow conditions exist)
- Jester Park Golf Course
- Limited indoor use; no loitering in the clubhouse
- Jester Park Equestrian Center -
- Limited services and programming are being offered in a safe, modified manner.
Closed to the Public:
- Jester Park Nature Center - closed until further notice
- Chichaqua Canoe Rentals - closed for the season
- Park showerhouses & flush restrooms- closed for the season
- Easter Lake Beach Boat Rentals and Concessions and the Easter Lake Beach- closed for the season
Public Programming & Volunteer Events:
- All in-person program offerings are cancelled through December 11, 2020. Limited outdoor and virtual programs are being offered in a safe, modified manner. Go to our Calendar tab on our website for the latest information.
- Follow us on our social media outlets for program opportunities, outdoor and indoor activities, and online environmental education.
Please continue to check back for updated postings and announcements.