Park & Trail Closures
Thursday, March 14, 2019
For updates on Polk County Conservation park and trail closures due to flooding, please refer back to this post, as it will be updated as information is received.
- Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt | Travel to Chichaqua Bottoms Greenbelt is not recommended due to a foot water over the main park road.
- Campgrounds and the Longhouse are closed until further notice due to flooding.
- Gay Lea Wilson Trail | High water and large ice chunks from Four Mile Creek have the Gay Lea Wilson Trail at NE 54th Ave, I-80, and Broadway closed.
- Mally's Park | Mally's Park will reopen when the roadways are clear.
- Trestle to Trestle Trail | The Trestle to Trestle Trail bridge over Lower Beaver in Johnston has been washed out by an ice jam. The Johnston P.D has flagged it off. Please maintain a safe distance from the bridge when recreating.
- Lower Beaver Tunnel along the Trestle to Trestle trail is closed until further notice.
- Jester Park | Camp Areas #2, #3 and #6, Shelter #4, Lincoln Access boat ramp, and Jester Park boat ramp are closed due to flooding.
- Yellow Banks Park | The boat ramp and the group camp area near the Des Moines River are closed until further notice due to flooding.