Crew Member (ages 15-18) - Earn a stipend of $200/week paid every 2 weeks
Join a team dedicated to improving Iowa’s parks and natural spaces. You’ll be outside every day getting paid to complete challenging environmental stewardship projects and learn about conservation. About 75% of your time will involve working on projects maintaining trails, removing invasive plants, and accomplishing natural resource management work. The other 25% will be spent learning about topics such as ecology and leadership or enjoying outdoor recreation. The program will include at least one required overnight camping trip.
Summer crews meet at a designated site every morning and afternoon for 4-8 weeks, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (including 30 minutes for lunch). Transportation is provided to project sites.
- Interested in working outdoors
- Eager to contribute positively to a team
- Attentive and receptive to instruction
- Able to responsibly use tools and follow safety guidelines
- Standing, walking, sitting, stooping or crouching, kneeling, reaching, communicating
- Exerting up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amounts of force frequently to lift, push, pull, or otherwise move objects and operate equipment
- Willingness and ability to work outside in an environment subject to heat and humidity, sunburn, insect bites, poison ivy, or other natural elements.
*Crew Member (age 15-18) Application Deadline: March 25, 2019
- June Session: June 3, 2019 – June 28, 2019
- July Session: July 8, 2019 – August 2, 2019
- June + July Combined Session: 8 weeks, all dates listed above
The 2019 application is now closed. Check back mid-summer for Fall Crews or early 2020 for next summer!
- January 2: Application available
- March 25: Application deadline for Summer Crew
- April 1-6: Interviews
- April 19: Participant offers sent
- May 3: Participant acceptance deadline (paperwork due)
- June 3-28: June Crew and 2 month crew starts
- July 8 - August 2: July Crew
2018 Highlight Video