2021 Polk County City/School Election
Sample Ballots - Available soon
Polling Place list - Available soon
City / School Voting options important dates / deadlines
1. Vote absentee by mail. Requests to vote by mail are now being accepted. Your completed absentee request form must be physically in our office on or before Monday, October 18, 2021.
Ballots will be mailed beginning Wednesday, October 13 and continue through Monday October 18, 2021.
The returned voted ballot must be physically in our office before the polls close (8:00 PM) on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. (no postmarks)
- Election Date or Type = 11/02/2021 or check the City/School box.
- Don't wait for the October 18, 2021 deadline if you plan to vote by mail.
- Add your contact information so we can quickly correct any problems with your absentee ballot request
- Mail or drop off your original signed request to our office. Our address is on the footer of this page. Office hours 8 AM - 5 PM (Monday - Friday)
- Do not use the last 4 digits of your SSN or your complete voter ID in place of your Iowa DL / non-operator ID #, or 4 digit issued PIN Card #
2. Vote In-Person absentee at the Polk County Election Office beginning Wednesday, October 13, 2021.
In-person absentee voting is available (Monday – Friday / 8 AM – 5PM) starting at 8:00 AM Wednesday, October 13, 2021 until 5:00 PM Monday, November 1, 2021.
3. Vote absentee at a petitioned satellite location - details available soon if this option is available
4. Vote on Election Day at your polling place. Polls are open from 7:00 AM until 8:00 PM on Tuesday, November 2, 2021
2021 Polk County CITY Election - Tuesday, November 2nd
Primary Cities - October 5th (if needed): Ankeny, Bondurant, Johnston, Urbandale
- City Candidate Guide - Primary Cities ONLY
- City Election Filing Information (All)
- City Election Signature Requirements (All)
- Non-Primary City Candidate Guide