Polk County Facilities Closed Until Further Notice
7/21/2020 - Polk County will remain closed to the public until further notice and will continue to evaluate the appropriate timing to reopen based on the most current data and recommendations from the Polk County Health Department. When buildings are reopened, services will be provided by appointment only.
Polk County buildings remain closed to the general public to assist in mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and to help protect the health and safety of our employees and the general public, as one of the most important ways to contain the spread of COVID-19 is to limit contact with others and time spent in public places. It remains critical to continue practicing COVID-19 safety precautions to protect yourself and loved ones from COVID-19:
- Stay home as much as possible and continue to limit errands to essential trips only and limit these trips to only one member per household.
- Continue to avoid crowded areas and practice social distancing of 6 feet or more.
- Wear a cloth face mask when in public at all times.
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Stay home when sick and call your healthcare provider if you are experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms.
Polk County Treasurer Mary Maloney continues to provide updated proclamation information regarding regulatory relief for certain processes regarding property tax collection, vehicle registration and vehicle title transfers here.
Treasurer Mary Maloney has also provided information under a COVID-19 section on her home page www.polkcountyiowa.gov/treasurer. Though the Polk County Administrative Building continues to be closed to the public, staff are in the building processing online, mailed and drop box payments, as well as answering phone calls. Tax sale buyer certificates for reimbursement, tax sale redemption payments, and abstract company payments can be deposited in the South lot drop box. All other vehicle and property tax transactions may be done on the payment website www.IowaTaxAndTags.org, by mail, by using the South lot drop box, or by phone (Vehicle 515-286-3030, Property Tax 515-286-3060).