Geisinger named to FEMA NAC
FEMA Announces New National Advisory Council Members
Today, Administrator Pete Gaynor appointed 14 members to FEMA’s National Advisory Council (NAC).
The NAC consists of up to 35 members that include a diverse cross-section of officials, emergency managers and emergency responders from state, local, tribal and territorial governments, non-governmental organizations and the private sector.
The 14 NAC members appointed in 2020 are:
- Jeanne Abadie, Area Manager, Office of Aging and Adult Services, Louisiana Department of Health of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Sue Anne Bell, Assistant Professor, University of Michigan of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Donald Bliss, Vice President, Field Operations (Ret.), National Fire Protection Association of Quincy, Massachusetts.
- Deanne Criswell, Commissioner, New York City Office of Emergency Management of New York.
- Paul Downing, Indian Township Tribal Council Member, Passamaquoddy Tribe at Indian Township of Indian Township Maine.
- August “Dutch” Geisinger, Executive Director, Safeguard Iowa Partnership of Des Moines, Iowa., IA.
- John Grathwol, Deputy Director (Ret.), New York City Mayor’s Office of Management and Budget of New York, NY.
- Jeff Hansen, Director, Office of Emergency Management, Choctaw Nation of Oklahoma of Durant, Oklahoma.
- Lisa Jones, Director (Ret.), Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management, City of Phoenix of Phoenix, Arizona.
- Anna Lang Ofstad, Research Engineer and Founder, Zylient Kalispell, Montana.
- Linda Long, Battalion Chief, Philadelphia Fire Department of Philadelphia.
- Tina Titze, Director, South Dakota Office of Emergency Management of Pierre, South Dakota.
- James Waskom, Director, Louisiana Governor’s Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness of Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- Pamela Williams, Executive Director, BuildStrong Coalition of Washington, D.C.
For more information on the NAC, visit the FEMA website.
The NAC is an advisory committee established by federal law to ensure effective and ongoing coordination of federal emergency management activities. The NAC advises the FEMA Administrator with recommendations on all aspects of emergency management. Most recently, the group was tasked to describe a vision for emergency management in the year 2045 and to help FEMA ensure equity in their programs.