Daily Arena Usage
Jester Park welcomes the central Iowa horse community to gather and utilize our outdoor amenities free of charge for personal usage. This includes our trails, outdoor arena, and outdoor round pens. These riding spaces canNOT be utilized for ANY professional services or gathers unless they are rented in advance. Arena rental information can be found by clicking here. This includes professional services such as lessons (including private/one-on-one lessons).
The indoor complex, including the main barn and indoor arena, is not open to outside horses at this time. When visiting, please DO NOT bring your horse into the barn, indoor arena, or around the back of the barn into the paddock area. This is to keep our resident herd healthy, thank you for understanding!
When in doubt, please don’t hesitate to contact us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov! If you enjoy our facility and would like to support the equestrian center and to aid in covering the expenses to maintain our arenas/trails, please consider making an in-kind donation!
Please help us keep the facility open to all by adhering to these rules when visiting!
- Clean up before you leave! Please leave the grounds in the same condition you found them; scoop your manure and please do not scrape out your trailer and leave it in our parking lot.
- Respect other visitors (horse and human). The arenas are not private usage so please share the arena spaces. Jester Park Equestrian Center is a busy, diverse equestrian center. We welcome many novice horse people to visit so please be friendly and if you are approached by a member of the public looking for information about JPEC, please kindly direct them to the barn to be helped by a JPEC staff member!
- If utilizing our trails during our Public Guided Trail Season (June-October), please give our trail string right of way. Most of our visitors have little to no riding experience.
- Park your rig respectfully! When there is parking lot space available, please try to stay off the grass. If there is no parking available on the lot, you may park along the tree line to the east of the parking lot, but please do not tear up our grass if it is wet!
- Some, or all, the riding spaces maybe unavailable for public usage if there is an event or program utilizing them. We intend to create an arena usage calendar that visitors can utilize to see when the arenas are open, but until then, please email us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov to inquire if the arenas are open!
- Reminder: DO NOT bring your horse into the barn, indoor arena, or back paddock area. This is to keep our resident herd healthy, thank you for understanding!
- Enjoy your time at the equestrian center, outside with your horse and friends!