Guided Trail Rides
UPDATE 5/17/2019: The Trail Ride Season is regularly June through October! At this time we do not have a definitive start date to the 2019 season due to the flooding at Saylorville Lake. We cannot start trail ride until the flooding has receded and clean up has been completed. At this time we expect to start mid-June.
Want to be contacted when trail rides open? Fill out THIS FORM!
Come saddle up and join us in the great outdoors for a scenic trail ride! You will be guided by our outgoing wranglers and taken care of by our string of beginner-friendly horses. We’ll ride through the timber of Jester Park and take in the picturesque view of Saylorville Lake.
Reservations are required. Make sure to get signed up ONLINE before heading out to the barn.
Need to Know
- There is a rider weight limit of 250lbs.
- Minimum age requirement of 8-years-old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult (18yo+) in their party on the ride.
- Minimum height requirement of 48" tall. This requirement is for safety of our riders that they are able to control their horse.
- Trail ride groups are limited to 4 children under the age of 12-years-old. To inquire about youth group outings, please contact us via email.
- All riders must be physically able to mount and dismount their horse from a mounting block under their own power and take basic riding instruction.
- All riders MUST wear a JPEC ATSM Approved Helmet.
- All trail rides are walk only.
- JPEC has the right to refuse service if there are safety concerns for any participants, the horses, or staff.
Questions or concerns? Email us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov