Pony rides are a great option for families with younger children (ages 3-12) who are looking for a fun activity that gets kids outside and active! Our goal for every pony ride is each child leaves feeling confident, happy, safe, and wanting to come back and ride again for a future ride! Pony rides are $25/child and are scheduled in half-an-hour time blocks which includes check-in, helmeting, and a ride time up-to 20 minutes*.
NEED TO KNOW
- Pony Rides are $25 per rider.
- Your reservation will include a half-an-hour time block which includes all check in procedures, mounting, riding instruction, and up-to 20 mins of 'saddle time'.
- Pony Rides are scheduled by availability, seasonally. Most often they are on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays from 9am-12pm.
- There is a minimum rider height requirement of 36” (3ft) tall and a rider weight limit of 125lbs.
- Closed-toes shoes are required for riders and pants are suggested (saddles can be itchy/uncomfortable on bare legs). We highly suggest that parents/adult chaperons also where barn appropriate footwear. Adults who have sandals/open toed shoes on will not be able to approach the ponies except through a fence line.
- All participants must complete an Equine Liability Release Form. All minors MUST have this form completed by a legal guardian. This release form will be sent to you in your confirmation email.
- JPEC Staff reserve the right to refuse service due to safety concerns. Concerns can include but are not limited to: rider size, age, behavior, language barrier, or intellectual and/or physical capacity.
- All riders MUST wear a JPEC issued ATSM Approved Helmet.
- Please review Jester Park Equestrian Center’s Pony Rides Cancellation Policies.
WHAT TO EXPECT FOR YOUR PONY RIDE
Our pony rides are 'hand-led' by trained staff or volunteers. They are excited to share how awesome horses/ponies are to your child. Often times, there are educational elements about riding (ie: learning the proper mounting technique, basic riding commands, etc.).
Pony rides times are limited to 2 children/time slot. All our pony rides are taken out on our ‘pony trail’ through a timber, shaded trail. Because they are outside, all pony rides are weather dependent. If there is indoor arena space available, pony rides can move indoors – but this is not guaranteed.
*The exact amount of ride time is varied based on the specific child and their comfort level around their pony. For example, a first time rider may need a longer time to warm up and mount their pony, which may result in only 15 minutes of actual riding time. Some especially nervous little ones may only sit on their pony at a stands still! That is OK - Our goal for every pony ride is each child leaves feeling confident, happy, safe, and wanting to come back and ride again for a future ride! We will not pressure a child to ride if they are scared or nervous (we will certainly encourage and support however!). If you have questions or concerns about this, or may be worried that your little one will be scared to ride, please give us a call and chat with us BEFORE signing up for a pony ride.
Pony Rides must have a reservation. Please scroll to the bottom of this webpage to view our up-to-date pony ride calendar. We plan our pony ride days 1-3 weeks in advance. If there is nothing listed below, we do not have any rides available at this time.
How to Schedule a Pony Ride
If there are no times/dates listed below, that means we are currently not offering pony rides. Our pony rides are hand lead by one of our trained staff, or volunteers, our availability for them can be limited depending on the time of year. All pony rides REQUIRE a reservation which can be made directly online.
*In the event JPEC must cancel a pony ride due to inclement weather, pony rides can be rescheduled or cancelled with a full refund. If there is indoor arena space available, pony rides can move indoors – but this is not guaranteed.