Horse Adventures in Nature Camp | 3rd Grade & Up
Discover nature and horsemanship at Jester Park Equestrian Center this summer! Our beginner friendly camps are a great introduction to horses while exploring the outdoors.
Horse Adventures in Nature Camp Dates
- Tuesday, June 18th - Friday, June 21th ▶ 4th & 5th Graders
- Tuesday, July 9th - Friday, July 12th ▶ 3rd, 4th & 5th Graders
- Tuesday, July 16th - Friday, July 19th ▶ 5th & 6th Graders
- Tuesday, July 30th - Friday, August 2nd ▶ 6th Graders & Up
CAMPS AT FULL CAPACITY
The camps listed below have reached their maximum capacity. If you would like to add your camper to our Wait List please CLICK HERE.
- Tuesday, July 23rd - Friday, July 26th ▶ 3rd & 4th Graders
All camps are beginner friendly, but also great for returning campers with new and exciting activities for the 2019 camp season. At the end of the camp on Friday afternoon, we invite family and friends to JPEC for an afternoon of fun! We will be hosting an open house for campers to show off their crafts and journals while we provide games and activities.
NEED TO KNOW:
- Camps run Tuesday-Friday from 9:00am-3:30pm
- 2019 Price per camper is $385/camper
- Must have COMPLETED the grades assigned to each week.
- Camp registration will close when full OR 48 hours before the first day of camp.
- Horses and ALL equipment is provided. All campers will be required to wear a JPEC ATSM helmet when interacting with the horses.
- Children should wear jeans and sturdy shoes.
- Campers need to bring sturdy, close-toed shoes that have a heal (boots work well), long pants for riding, sunscreen, re-usable water bottle, lunch and a great attitude!
- Waivers must be signed for each camper before participating in any camp activities.
- Behavior agreements must be printed, signed and brought in the first day of camp.
*Activities may change depending on staffing, weather, camper ages, or safety.
Take a sneak peak at some of the weeks activities!
Leading & Grooming Horses & Ponies
Trail & Wagon Rides
Horse Care & Grooming
Leather Belt Making
Camps must cater towards the youngest participant for the safety of all campers, so age requirements are firm. Older children are welcome to attended camps that have younger age requirements, however younger children cannot attend camps designed for the older children. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.
Questions or concerns? Email us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov.