Holiday Sleigh Rides
Join us when the snow flies and we’ll hitch up one of our draft horse teams to take your group out for a 45-minute Sleigh Ride through Jester Park. Even if there’s no snow, plan for a wagon on wheels instead of a sleigh on runners. After all, it’s all about spending time with your loved ones, not the vehicle you’re riding in!
Horse Drawn Sleigh Rides are great for all ages. Children 3 and under are free as long as they sit on the lap of an adult.
NEED TO KNOW
- Sleigh Rides require a minimum of 4 inches of packed snow as a proper base for the sleigh runners to operate safely and effectively. Sleigh rides may be substituted for a wagon ride at the discretion of JPEC and the sleigh/wagon drivers who will assess the footing daily. We will attempt to inform groups ahead of time if their ride will require the substitution for a wagon, but we cannot guarantee this as the footing changes hourly based on temperatures and snowfall.**
- Sleigh Rides are approx. 45 minutes through the trails of Jester Park and are highly weather dependent.
- Sleigh Rides are scheduled on the hour and the first 10 minutes are for group check in. The rides depart promptly at 10-minutes after the hour.
- All Sleigh Rides require a reservation.
- Booking a private Sleigh Ride requires a $50 non-refundable deposit. Your reservation total is dependent on the size of your group and will be expected to be paid the day of your sleigh ride and paid in full before departing on your ride. Your deposit will go towards your reservation total.
- JPEC has two sizes of sleighs, carrying up to 8 adults and 5 adults comfortably. Plan to snuggle with your loved ones!
- For parties larger than 8 persons, please contact us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov for scheduling opportunities.
- - Hand-held snacks and non-alcoholic drinks are welcome on the sleigh ride. In the event of cooler weather, riders are encouraged to bring blankets!
- Dogs and other small animals are NOT permitted on the sleigh ride.
- All participants must complete an Equine Release Agreement.
HOLIDAY SLEIGH RIDE PRICING
- Small Group Private Sleigh (under 5 people) - $100
- Large Group Private Sleigh (under 8 people) - $150
- Children under 3 years old are free, however they will be required to sit on an adult's lap. If you expect your child will want to sit on their own, please include them in your total party count.
- For groups larger than 8, we do have the option of taking out Duel Sleigh. This is where we have two teams running and your party heads out together on two sleighs. This option can be scheduled based on availability by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or giving us a call at (515)-999-2818 ext1.
What if There is No Snow?
In the event that your reservation date ends up with little to no snow, we have a few options for your group.
- If the footing is safe to take out a wagon, you will be offered a Wagon Ride as a substitution the day of your reservation.
- If you do not want to substitute a wagon ride, you will be offered ONE complimentary rebooking to try again for a snowy day! This rebooking must be made by March 30, 2018 or it becomes void.
In the event we are unable to take your group out on a sleigh ride OR wagon ride (ie: icy footing, real feel below 0°, etc.), you will be offered an opportunity to rebook your ride OR a full refund of your $50 deposit.
Questions, concerns, or for information on larger parties/special interest groups, please contact us at (515) 999-2818 ext 1 or send us an email at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov!