Hope From Horses - Teen Volunteer Program
"Hope from Horses" is a program designed to allow youth to participate, under supervision, in the day to day activities and events at the Equestrian Center. This program is based off the premise of a "working student" program model, and involves training, mentorship, riding, and volunteerism.
Students are required to meet certain criteria for the program, as well as be able to commit to a designated amount of time at the facility.
The program is free of charge to accepted participants.
- Participants must be a minimum age of 14 years old.
- Participants must be able to follow safety rules and regulations.
- Participants mut be able to perform designated tasks as assigned, which often include physical labor.
- New participants must be able to commit to a consistent schedule.
- Participants must attend all required training sessions.
- Participants must complete all required paperwork with parent/legal guardian.
The goal of "Hope from Horses" is to provide life experience thru interactions with horses in a supervised and safe environment. The youth of today is the future of the horse industry tomorrow, and it is essential that we find a ways to reach out and engage them.
Next Hope From Horses Orientation: April 14, 2018 - 2:00-4:00pm
For additional questions or concerns, please email us at JPEC_Info@polkcountyiowa.gov! Thank you!
A Hope From Horses student learns how to give an IM Injection to lesson horse, Payday. Payday is an older horse and gets a round of injections that help keep his joints comfortable!
Helping out with youth camps is a great way to get hands on experience with the horses and it's fun!