Guided Trail Rides
Reservations are required. Make sure to get signed up ONLINE before heading out to the barn (no reservations via phone).
Come saddle up and join us in the great outdoors for a scenic trail ride! You will be guided by our outgoing wranglers and taken care of by our string of beginner-friendly horses. We’ll ride through the timber of Jester Park and take in the picturesque view of Saylorville Lake.
Need to Know
- Guided Trail Rides are $40/person.
- Guided Trail Rides run Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday based on availability.
- 1.5 hrs includes check in procedures and approx. 1hr of 'saddle time'.
- Rides depart at: 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm, 3:30pm, and 5:00pm.
- There is a rider weight limit of 250lbs.
- Minimum age requirement of 8-years-old. Minors must be accompanied by an adult (18yo+) in their party on the ride.
- Trail ride groups are limited to 4 children under the age of 12-years-old. To inquire about youth group outings, please contact us via email.
- All riders must be physically able to mount and dismount their horse from a mounting block under their own power and take basic riding instruction.
- All riders MUST wear a JPEC ATSM Approved Helmet.
- All trail rides are walk only.
- JPEC has the right to refuse service if there are safety concerns for any participants, the horses, or staff.
What to Expect
Please, arrive 5 minutes before your reservation time. All customers must have their booking fully completed before their trail ride. This includes a paid in full balance and a completed Equine Liability Release Form for all riders. Riders who are late by 5+ minutes will forfeit their reservation.
When you arrive, you will be checked in by a JPEC Wrangler who will help fit you with a JPEC helmet and give instructions on how to steer and ride your horse. You will be assigned by a Wrangler to a horse based off your size, riding ability, and other factors. Please be attentive to the instructions from your wrangler to ensure a safe and enjoyable trail ride! You will be mounted with the group then head out on the trails!
You are in control of your own horse. No texting (or taking selfies) while riding. There will be the opportunity to take photos at the end of your trail ride. Just let a Wrangler know and they can help facilitate.
What to Wear
- Sturdy, closed toed shoes are REQUIRED to ride.
- Riders who show up with sandals or shoes with open toes or open backs (slip ons) of ANY kind will be refused service with no refund, no exceptions.
- Long Pants
- We HIGHLY suggest wearing jeans on your ride. This is for YOUR comfort and safety. The saddle may rub exposed skin and bugs will bite.
- Safety helmets will be provided by JPEC and are required to be worn when riding.
- Hats will be asked to be removed and stored on your ride. Long hair should be worn low (pony tail/braid).
- Sun screen and bug spray!
Questions or concerns? Email us at JPEC_info@polkcountyiowa.gov