City of Ankeny Offers Drive-thru Flu Shot Clinic
ANKENY, Iowa (Sept. 16, 2020) – The Ankeny Fire Department, in partnership with the Polk County Health Department, will be offering a Drive-thru Flu Shot Clinic Tuesday, Sept. 22, 2020, 1 – 6 p.m. at Ankeny Fire Station Headquarters, 120 NW Ash Drive, Ankeny.
The Drive-thru Flu Shot Clinic is an excellent opportunity for the whole family to receive a flu shot without leaving your vehicle. The process is quick and easy. Just enter the Fire Station parking lot from NW Ash Drive and follow the direction of personnel and signs in the parking lot. A staff member will complete the paperwork and then administer the shot through the window of the vehicle.
- Appointments are not necessary
- Wear a short sleeve or sleeveless shirt
- Wear a face covering
- Must be six months or older to receive drive-thru flu shot
- Bring your insurance card
- For those without insurance, $25 for the flu shot or $50 for the high dose shot (recommended for individuals 65 and older)
- One shot per each window of the vehicle
The Center for Disease Control and Polk County Health Department strongly recommends receiving a flu shot this year.