Limited cooling centers in Polk County
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, many daytime cooling centers in Polk County are closed. There are public options including malls, stores and other businesses that people without air conditioning can visit to get temporary relief from the extreme heat. We encourage to follow COVID-19 migration strategies while staying cool:
- Whenever you go, wear a mask at all times.
- Maintain at least six feet of social distance.
- Avoid places during peak or busy hours.
- If you are sick, do NOT go out in public until you have negative test results. Stay in quarantine if it hasn’t been 14 days since you were exposed.
- If you have been tested for COVID-19, stay home and avoid others until you have your test results and the appropriate guidelines to follow.