Visitor Restrictions Now in Effect at All Des Moines Area Hospitals
To protect our patients, families and health care workers during the global outbreak of COVID-19 the following visitor restrictions are being implemented.
All Des Moines area hospitals:
- Effective immediately the following temporary visitor restrictions will be implemented.
Only primary caregivers are allowed. Primary caregivers include, but are not limited to:
- Spouse/significant other
- Other defined caregiver
- 16 years of age and older (including sibling caregivers)
- Siblings are not allowed unless 16 years of age and defined caregiver
- Always remain in patient room as appropriate
- Limit movement within the facility and avoid common areas
- Free from illness such as (fever, sore throat, cough, diarrhea, vomiting or runny nose)
- Exceptions may be made in certain situations and can be discussed with patient care teams.
Visitor restrictions are temporary and subject to change as necessary
All caregivers are required to wash hands with soap and water or use alcohol-based hand foam/gel upon entering and exiting patient’s room.
We understand these visitor restrictions may be difficult for you. While we are committed to providing a family-centered care environment, right now restricting visitors is in the best interest of our patients and staff.
Thank you for your cooperation in this effort. For up-to-date information related to COVID-19, please visit www.polkcountyiowa.gov/health.