Meningococcal Vaccine Secondary School Requirement
The Iowa Department of Public Health (IDPH), Bureau of Immunization, has completed the administrative rule making process to require meningococcal (A, C W, Y) vaccine for students enrolling in 7th and 12th grades. The administrative rule change was effective January 11, 2017, and will be implemented at the beginning of the 2017-2018 school year. The Immunization Program has developed a variety of materials regarding the new requirement. The following resources are available on the Immunization Program’s webpage.
- Meningococcal Vaccine Requirement Partner Letter
- Iowa Immunization Code
- Immunization Requirements Table
- Meningococcal Vaccine Secondary School Requirement Questions and Answers
- Certificate of Immunization (Update Immunization Requirements Table)
- Provisional Certificate of Immunization
- Certificate of Immunization Exemption - Medical
The Immunization Program is committed to keeping you informed of school immunization requirements and looks forward to working with you during the implementation of the meningococcal vaccine requirement. If you have questions regarding this change, contact the Immunization Program at 1-800-831-6293.
Information about the Meningococcal Vaccine