SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
- STD testing and treatment for ages 13 and up
- $10 charge to Polk County residents; $25 charge for non-residents
- Rapid HIV testing and counseling for high risk patients
- Rapid HIV testing available for $25 (results within an hour) for low risk patients
- Herpes II testing: $25 charge (blood test)
- Hepatitis C testing: $15 (blood test)
- More information on STDs and HIV
Call at 8:00 am for same day appointment Monday through Friday
- 8:30 am - 4:00 pm M,W,Th,& F
- 8:30 am - 6:00 pm Tuesday
We now offer self-collected STD tests!
Individuals who do not have symptoms or been named a contact can come to the Health Department for a “walk-in” STD/HIV test without seeing a nurse. Visits generally around taking about 30 minutes (the HIV test is 20-25 minutes itself), but depends on the number of visits the lab has at that time.
If you don’t have symptoms or have been named a contact, the individual will fill out their own risk assessment, and then be seen by a laboratory tech. The lab tech will go over their paperwork and be able to recommend what tests the individual would benefit from. In most cases there will be a blood draw (HIV and Syphilis testing), and depending of sexual practices, we will offer a urine STD testing, as well as a throat swab and rectal swab (the urine and rectal swabs are self-collected; the throat swab can be self-collected, but lab personnel can also collect that if the individual prefers).
The charge is $10 for in county and $25 for out of county. Most of the time HIV results will be available during that same visit; however sometimes they will need to be sent out, and the individual will get called back in for those results in a few days. All the other testing will have results in a few days. Individuals can walk in Monday through Friday from 8:30 –11:30 AM and 1:00 – 3:00 PM.