Women's Health Services
The Polk County Health Department is now providing women with affordable, reliable birth control options to prevent pregnancy and help with reproductive health.
We can provide women with the following services:
- Short-term birth control
- Long-term reversible birth control
- Birth control education and counseling
- Family planning education
- Pap tests and pelvic exams
- Colposcopy tests to detect cervical cancer
- Pregnancy tests
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccines
Our services are confidential. The Health Department accepts most major health insurances. Call (515) 286-3798 to set up an appointment.