2017 Extreme Heat Information and Cooling Centers
A daytime cooling center is a place to get out of the heat and spend time in air conditioning. You can bring a book, surf the internet on your smart phone or talk to family and friends who come with you!
- 2017 List of Community Cooling Centers- Click here to access list.
- 2017 Cooling Centers Interactive Map- Click here to access map.
- Under the menu option Layers, there are 4 categories: 2017 cooling centers, DART routes, location PCHD, Polk County boundaries. To activate/deactivate them, click on the square symbol.
- Daytime cooling centers are represented in the map by a dark/blue symbol.
- Each location includes the followig information:
- Name the location
- Availability on holidays
- DART route (For information about bus routes and schedules, please visit DART website)
- Website of the location
EXTREME HEAT TOOLKIT
POLK COUNTY AQUATIC CENTERS
Call 911 if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Lack of sweating
- Flushed skin
- Racing heart
- Dizziness or lightheadedness
- Skin that feels cool and moist
- Body temperature over 104F
- Nausea and vomiting
- Rapid breathing
- Muscle cramps
- Call neighbors, friends and family members who do not have air conditioning to make sure they are OK at least twice each day.
- Call 211 if you have questions about cooling your home, reduced cost air conditioners, energy assistance, or finding a cooler location.