Drugs of Abuse Testing
Let us help you reduce your liability risks and maintain a drug free workplace. Polk County Health Department follows the suggested screening cut-off levels for positive specimens set by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA).
What we provide:
- Drugs of abuse testing for clients 12 years of age and over.
- Qualitative screening - A rapid 12 panel screening test for qualitative detection of multiple drugs and drug metabolites in urine. This test provides a positive or negative result. A more specific alternative method must be used to confirm and quantify any positive result.
- On-site observed collection - Trained Medical Technologists observe the collection of urine specimens from clients in private restrooms.
- Sample tampering controls - Urine samples are checked for specific gravity, temperature, pH, and adulteration substances at the time of collection. If any of these are abnormal, the specimen is rejected and another sample must be provided.
- Fast results-screening results are available 10 minutes after collection. Confirmatory results may take up to a week.
- Confirmation of positive screens - All positive screens are confirmed by a reference laboratory at no additional cost.
- Appointments - are available on a pre-scheduled or walk-in basis.
- All clients are reminded to have a picture ID and proof of a valid prescription for any medications they may be taking.
12 panel screen includes:
- THC (Marijuana)
- MDMA (Ecstasy)
- Cocaine (“crack”, “snow”)
- Amphetamine (adderral)
- Methamphetamines (“meth”, “crank”)
- Opiates (morphine, codeine)
- PCP (phencyclidine, “angel dust”)
- Barbiturates (“downers”)
- Benzodiazepines (valium, xanax)
- TCA (Tricyclic Antidepressants)
- The cost for a qualitative screen including quantitative confirmatory testing is $40.00 dollars. This fee must be paid before testing can begin.
- Hours of collection are my appointment only.
For more information regarding laboratory services contact:
286-3774 (Main lab)