Lead Poisoning Prevention
LEAD POISONING PREVENTION
- What is Lead?, Where does Lead come from?, Is Lead Poisoning still a problem in our area?, & Why should Iowans be concerned about Lead Poisoning?
- Who is at risk for Lead Poisoning?, Lead Poisoning risks for children:, How do children become Lead-Poisoned?, & What are the signs of Lead Poisoning in children?
- What are the health effects of Lead Poisoning?, How do I prevent Lead Poisoning?, & Protecting your family from lead-based paint hazards
- How often should children be tested for Lead Poisoning?, How can I determine if a child has been tested? (for healthcare providers), Lead Poisoning Facts, & Federal Laws regarding landlords, home sellers, and renovators.
- “Don’t Spread Lead” video with Norm Abram gives you tips on how do small repairs or renovations to your home safely (2 parts). Video 1 Video 2
- Was your house built before 1978?
- Do you have kids under 6 that live in or visit the house?
- Is any of the paint in your house chipping or peeling?
If you answered yes to all of these questions, you may qualify for a program to repair dangerous lead hazards in your home.
- Carolyn @ 323-5232 (lead poisoning prevention)
- Tim @ 286-2115 (lead repair program)