Polk County Medical Examiner

  • What if no one claims the body?

    The law provides for burial or cremation when no relative claims the body. These matters are handled through the county finance office.

  • Contact Us

    To report a death call (515) 286-3333
    1801 Hickman Rd
    Des Moines, Iowa 50314
    (515) 286-2102 (Days)
    (515) 286-3333 (Other times)
    Fax: (515) 286-2208