Polk County Medical Examiner

  • What if the next of kin cannot afford the costs of the funeral?

    In such instances, application for indigent cremation may be made with Polk County by contacting the funeral home used for services. Sufficient proof of indigent status will be required.

  • Contact Us

    To report a death call (515) 286-3333
    1801 Hickman Rd
    Des Moines, Iowa 50314
    (515) 286-2102 (Days)
    (515) 286-3333 (Other times)
    Fax: (515) 286-2208