Polk County Medical Examiner

How do I request a Death Certificate?

This service is customarily included in the cost of a funeral. Please contact the funeral home that is in charge of the arrangements.

You may also contact the Polk County Recorder or the Iowa Department of Public Health, Bureau of Health Statistics.


Contact Us

To report a death call (515) 286-3333
1801 Hickman Rd
Des Moines, Iowa 50314
(515) 286-2102 (Days)
(515) 286-3333 (Other times)
Fax: (515) 286-2208