Broadway Avenue Improvement Project
Tree clearing and grubbing activities are anticipated to begin for the entire project area the week of January 30, 2023
Improvements along Broadway Avenue between NW 2nd Avenue/IA 415 and Hubbell Avenue/US 6.
- Project limits between 2nd Avenue / IA 415 and Hubbell Avenue / US 6, approximately 5.4 miles.
- Reconstruction to an urban section with a center two-way left turn lane with curb and gutter and storm sewer.
- Roadway underpass below dual UPRR tracks and improvements to two other at-grade UPRR crossings.
- Lowering of Broadway Avenue under I-235 to remove the “Low Clearance” designation and provide more efficient truck routes.
- Trail construction on the north side of Broadway Avenue from 2nd Avenue / IA 415 to Four Mile Creek Bridge.
- Sidewalk construction from Four Mile Creek Bridge to just west of Hubbell Avenue / US 6.
- Roundabout construction at NE 38th Street and NE 46th
- Traffic signalization upgrades along the corridor.
- Major construction begins in the spring of 2023 and completion is scheduled for 2026.
Broadway Avenue Project Plans: